East Africa Adventure Tours and Safari COVID-19 | Health and Safety Protocols
It is evident that COVID-19 shook the world and more so the tourism industry, all the travel enthusiasts were forced to stay at home, flights were canceled, jobs were lost, generally, life sucked!
There is undoubtedly no determined end in sight of the COVID-19 pandemic although global efforts to find vaccine(s) and we have developed guidelines on how to live with COVID-19 such as no handshakes or hugs, maintaining social distance, and wearing a face mask all the time.
We know the question on everyone’s mind is, is it safe to travel to Kenya amidst the global covid-19 pandemic?
Our answer is YES. Kenya has been listed among the 80 global destinations certified and authorized to use the “World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safe Travel Stamp” after the destination’s adopted the global COVID-19 health and hygiene standardized protocols.
This stamp allows for the recognition of Kenya as a viable holiday safari destination subject to the implementation of the health and safety protocols.
Our COVID-19 health and safety protocols:
East Africa Adventure Safaris has adopted tourism and hospitality protocols on health and safety to mitigate the effects of the disruptions caused by the corona virus disease and taken responsibility for ensuring that destination Kenya is safe for tourism business.
Protocols for East Africa Adventure & staff:
- All our core staff have valid covid-19 free certification not more than14 days old from a recognized government approved facility at the first time and subsequently maintain Covid-19 prevention guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and relevant agencies.
- We have provided approved facemasks, hand sanitizers/hand washing facility with running water and soap at the entrance and at other strategic locations in the premises which are hygienically operated.
- We have provided a contactless thermometer for body temperature check at the entrance for both staff and visitors.
- Have documented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for guest Management line with these protocols and MOH Covid-19 preventive guidelines as appropriate.
- We have created and will maintain a register of all staff & drivers.
- All staff have been instructed to wash or sanitize their hands before and immediately after entering the work premises, after changing into uniforms, after using lockers and frequently while on shift, particularly after touching items or surfaces.
- All our staff offices have provision for adequate ventilation and maximized via wide openable windows.
- We have provided visible notices / signages and other sensitization information at the strategic locations/entrance on Covid-19 preventive measures, screening, frequent hand washing and sanitizing and mandatory wearing of face masks.
- We have a Guest/visitors register shall be kept and updated daily and include mobile contact & physical address for ease in contact tracing.
- We have Integrated technologies to enable automation, such as online, mobile payment and discouraged cash payments.
- Our wide office doors shall be left/wedged open to reduce surface touching or porters/security shall be deployed to open doors to limit their touching of surfaces.
- We have provided separate waste bins in each office and at strategic locations and appropriate methods for collection and storage of used PPEs to ensure hygienic waste disposal with minimum contact.
- We have a documented list of emergency contacts, reporting system and evacuation procedures for any arising health related incidents at our offices.
- We have developed office staff work schedules and shifts and provided the option of working from home for some of our staff.
- All our public facilities (kitchen, washrooms, lobby/lounge etc) shall adhere to social distancing, frequent cleaning and disinfection and provided with adequate supply of hand washing and sanitizing facilities. Staff have been trained on the same.
- We have developed cleaning procedures with appropriate disinfectants/sanitizers focusing on guest’s body, luggage, travel documents and high-frequency touch points/surfaces.
- Office gadgets/equipment headsets, personal computers, desks, telephones are dedicated to one staff member.
- Guest/visitors register shall be kept and updated daily and should include mobile contact & physical address for ease in tracing. Whenever possible, minimize walk-in clients and encourage online bookings.
- We will maintain records of sanitized areas/surfaces, detergents used and personnel involved in the cleaning and sanitization process.
We are ready to serve you and to take you places you’ve never been! Stay Safe!