African Safari Holiday in Tanzania. Tanzania Safari Package.
The Marangu route is the most popular and least difficult of the Mt. Kilimanjaro routes available. This route takes you at a gentle pace through the cultivated foothills, forest, alpine moorlands, cliffs and glaciers of Mt. Kilimanjaro, and can be climbed in either five or six days. The additional day increases the possibility of success by including a day of acclimation to the altitude. Although this is a somewhat strenuous walking trip, it is within the limits of a fit individual and boasts a high success rate for reaching the Uhuru Peak.
||Tanzania – Any day
||Maragu Gate/Horombo Hut/Kibo Hut/Horombo Hut
6 Days Kilimanjaro climbing tour itinerary.
Day 1 : Marangu Gate
Depart Arusha/Moshi at 9:00 a.m. (from your hotel) with arrival at the Marangu Gate. Following a picnic lunch and registration, begin the mountain climb hiking through rain forest until you reach the Mandara Hut (9000ft/2750m) in about 3 – 4 hours.
Dinner and overnight at the Mandara hut.
Meal Plan; L & D
Day 2 : Horombo Hut
After breakfast, the trek continues for 5 -6 hours, a short distance through the forest, then the ascending path winds through alpine meadow and open moorland, by mid-afternoon arrive at Horombo Hut(12335ft/3780).
Dinner and over-night; Horombo Hut
Meal plan; B, L & D
Day 3 : Acclimatization
In the 6 days trek you stay at Horombo hut for acclimatization, a side trek to the foot of Mawenzi, then back to the Hut for dinner and overnight
Day 4 : Kibo Hut
After breakfast, resume the climb; passing through rugged landscape with giant lobelias and cactus – like growth with about 5 -6 hours of hard trekking. Later afternoon arrive at Kibo Hut(15520ft/4730m)
Dinner and overnight – Kibo Hut
Meal Plan – B ,L&D
Day 5 : Horombo Hut
Leaving for Kibo Hut between midnight and 1:00 a.m. While the screen is still frozen, begin the final ascent to the peak navigating a” switchback” hiking trail. Reach Gilman’s Point(18655ft/5865m) at dawn to experience sunrise on the rim of the crater – 5 hours of difficult trekking. Proceed to the summit, Uhuru Peak 19342 ft/5895m) which will take another 1 -2 hours. Short rest at Horombo the descent to Horombo Hut.
Dinner and overnight- Horombo Hut.
Meal plan; B, L & D
Day 6 : Descent
After breakfast, continue the descent to Marangu Gate a 5-7 hours hike. At the Marangu Park Gate you are awarded certificate for your successful conquest of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Safari Price includes:-
- Transport in a 4×4 Land cruiser (JEEP)
- All applicable game Park Entrance fees.
- Finest accommodation as indicated in the itinerary.
- Three meals a day while on Safari.
- Airport picks up on arrival in Nairobi.
- Professional Safari Guide/Driver.
- Extensive and unlimited safari safari game drives.
- Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari.
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to the designated National Park.
- Pre–tour itinerary document.
Safari Price does not include:-
- Personal expense such as communication charges like emails, faxes, and phone calls
- Drinks like sodas, water, beer and wines
- Gratuity for the driver guide, waiter
- The cost of obtaining visa
- Pre- tour accommodation which can be arranged on request.